Search Site
Tag Archive
Health Care Provider Negligence
1 - 4 of 4
Page 1 of 1

Florida Supreme Court Voids Private Malpractice Arbitration Agreement

Florida’s medical negligence laws provide for a system of “voluntary binding arbitration” that is supposed to make things easier for victims. In submitting to arbitration, the health care provider must admit liability. The arbitration is therefore limited to a determination of damages. The health care provider must also assume all costs associated with the arbitration. Read More

Read More

What Types of Damages Can I Expect in a Florida Medical Negligence Case?

Medical negligence cases generally involve allegations of negligent care against a doctor, hospital, or another medical provider. If the plaintiff can prove there was negligence, he or she is entitled to recover monetary damages. Florida law generally recognizes three categories of damages in personal injury cases: economic, noneconomic, and punitive. Economic Damages The most common Read More

Read More

Study Details Concentration, Demographics of Medical Negligence

While most doctors do a good job treating their patients, there are still thousands of treatment mistakes made every year which rise to the level of medical negligence. But just how widespread is medical negligence. According to a recent study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, malpractice appears to be heavily concentrated among Read More

Read More

The Importance of Expert Testimony in Medical Negligence Cases

Although many people associate medical negligence solely with physician error, other health care providers, such as emergency medical technicians, can seriously injure (or kill) patients by failing to follow an appropriate standard of professional care. After all, when you call 911, you expect emergency workers to respond and provide necessary medical care. When they fail to Read More

Read More
1 - 4 of 4
Page 1 of 1
Paul Genet
Our Office
  • Palm Harbor Office
    775 County Road 1
    Palm Harbor, Florida 34683
    Phone: 727-538-8865