Palm Harbor Lawyer Stands Up for Victims of Nursing Home Abuse
Florida attorney seeks justice when seniors are mistreated
Elderly people and their families place great trust in nursing homes and other facilities designed for senior residents. When this trust is broken, it can be difficult to identify the wrongdoers and hold them accountable. Our firm, the Law Office of Paul B. Genet, P.A., has the experience and determination to stop mistreatment and secure fair relief for the harm that was done. From our office in Palm Harbor, we work to make sure that victims receive compensation consistent with the principles established by Florida law. As a litigator with 30 years of experience, attorney Paul Genet takes on claims involving violations of the state’s Nursing Home Resident Bill of Rights, including cases arising from physical abuse, neglect, financial misappropriation and improper medical care. Even if you only suspect that a loved one might be in trouble, don’t hesitate to obtain assistance from a qualified litigator.
Florida firm takes actions against negligent caregivers and facilities
Throughout Florida, our firm advises clients how to take on negligent care providers. Starting with a free initial consultation, we’ll evaluate whether a potential claim exists relating to problems such as:
- Falls and other injuries — If a nursing home resident has broken bones, unexplained bruises or some other type of personal injury caused by a slip and fall or rough treatment, we’ll aggressively investigate the case.
- Bedsores and infections — Cost-cutting and supervision failures can lead to bedsores, infections and other medical conditions that arise when residents are not given the proper attention.
- Lack of proper hygiene — Facilities that don’t maintain their premises correctly risk outbreaks of viral diseases, mold contamination and chemical exposure. The origins of these hazards can be hard to detect, but our firm brings in experts to determine where the problem started.
- Prescription mistakes — Strict attention must be paid to seniors’ prescription pharmaceuticals and other treatment directives. We have the experience necessary to handle medical negligence actions and other negligence claims in this area.
- Malnutrition and dehydration — Many elderly people living in facilities are unable to meet their nutritional needs or protest if they aren’t getting the right amount of food and water. Should this type of situation become a concern, we’ll make a detailed review of the relevant information and fight for immediate legal relief.
- Financial abuse and exploitation — Older men and women aren’t just vulnerable to physical mistreatment, but are sometimes exploited by individuals and facilities that gain fraudulent access to their funds. When a question arises regarding possible financial abuse, we work tirelessly to correct the situation.
Our firm handles a full range of nursing home abuse cases, including wrongful death and mass tort actions when the negligence or misconduct is extreme.
Contact a dedicated Florida nursing home abuse lawyer for a free initial consultation
The Law Office of Paul B. Genet, P.A. represents Florida victims of nursing home abuse and their families. Please call 727-538-8865 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Palm Harbor office.