Proven Palm Harbor Firm Advocates for Clients in Slip and Fall Litigation
Dedicated Florida attorney handles premises liability actions
A slip and fall accident can cause broken bones, back trouble, a traumatic brain injury or other medical problems. If you’ve been hurt due to unsafe conditions at a public or private location, the Law Office of Paul B. Genet, P.A. in Palm Harbor can help. Attorney Paul Genet has practiced in Florida for more than 30 years and provides comprehensive legal support in premises liability actions. Our firm conducts a thorough investigation to obtain maximum compensation for slip and fall victims through a settlement or litigation.
Florida injury lawyer seeks relief from negligent property owners
As an experienced personal injury attorney, Paul Genet understands how to maximize compensation in all types of slip and fall claims, including those involving:
- Bad weather — Surfaces that become slippery due to rain, or objects that fall during windy weather, can be hazardous to people who are in the area. Our firm helps to determine if the legal standard of care was violated in these situations.
- Unsafe environments — Failure to maintain safe premises can lead to incidents such as workplace injuries and nursing home falls. No matter where your slip and fall accident occurred, we will make every legal effort to secure appropriate compensation for you.
- Poor construction or maintenance — A loose floor board, a spill that isn’t tended to promptly or another type of negligent construction or maintenance issue can cause a serious injury. For all types of harm, our firm strives to hold careless parties accountable.
In a free initial consultation, we will discuss the circumstances that led to your fall and can assess what type of financial recovery you might expect.
Knowledgeable adviser outlines the applicable legal standards for fall victims
Establishing liability for a slip and fail incident depends in part on how the victim came to be on the property. The three legal classifications are:
- Invitees — Businesses, public areas and other locations that are open to visitors, or invitees, must maintain the safety of their premises. Dangers that are not remedied in a reasonable manner expose the property owners to legal liability if an invitee gets hurt on their premises.
- Licensees — Some people, such as party guests, can be on another’s property legally even if that property is not open to the public. If a dangerous condition exists and the owner does not take reasonable measures to fix it or warn licensees about it, the owner might be liable for injuries caused by the latent hazard.
- Trespassers — In most cases, property owners do not owe any duty of care to people who are on their property unlawfully. However, if something on their land is visible to outsiders and might attract a child’s curiosity, an injury claim could be justified under the “attractive nuisance” doctrine.
Florida uses a pure comparative fault standard, so plaintiffs are able to collect damages even if they are partly at fault for their injury. In these cases, a plaintiff’s award would be reduced by the percentage of responsibility assigned to the plaintiff at trial.
Contact a Florida attorney for a free consultation regarding a slip and fall action
The Law Office of Paul B. Genet, P.A. advises Florida clients on premises liability actions for people who suffer slip and fall injuries on someone else’s property. Please call 727-538-8865 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Palm Harbor office.